BIG BIG NEWS!
1. CBS SUNDAY MORNING began doing a piece on me and my songs and my work as a Neonatologist in September of 2019. I understand it will feature interviews with me, two shows with full band in NYC at The Bitter End and in Chicago at The Gallery Cabaret, visits to two of the hospitals I work at and interviews with Robert Christgau about me, Well the piece is nearly complete and should be airing soon, perhaps August or September of 2020. The date of broadcast will be determined only shortly before airing so we will all have to st a y tuned!
2. Once The CBS SUNDAY MORNING feature has aired I will be posting some great live videos from the shows they filmed - we have the entire shows filmed and with excellent multi-track mixes! Also you can check out a series of home videos I am calling At Home with Rich Krueger on YouTube.
3. My newest album 'The Troth Sessions', a collection of demos from 2002, will be out officially 8/28 everywhere but two singles 'True True Love' and 'The One You Love' should be on streaming platforms on 8/14.
4. My albums are now on hearnow.com BUT BUT BUT CDBaby is no longer a retail store, and for some reason new copies of my two previous CDs are are on amazon for $35 (why?) I am going to try to sell the damn CDs through my own store on Amazon (being set up and will be in the hearnow.com pages once it is set up) or directly here from me via paypal. Or just send me an email asking for a title, with your email adress you use for paypal and I will send you an invoice via paypal. All titles are $15 buck with $4 shipping in the US (shipping outside of the US varies). Shipping in the US is free and discounted overseas with the purchase of more than one CD, and an autograph is always free if you want one!
Here is what some industry professionals are saying about Rich:
“I can’t remember the last time I said yes to a song out loud in its first three seconds. In the instant when I realized that Krueger was something different, I also felt as if I’d been listening to this song half my life. Krueger catches the feel, the cadence, of ordinary talk as he jumps the waves in the sound. He’s rushing inside music that never hurries, as if for him time’s running out but the music knows the place never closes. ‘It’s like trying to tell a stranger about rock ’n’ roll’ except he’s trying to tell you about this bar. You believe him, you want to be there. He sounds like he’s been all around the world without ever leaving home.” - Greil Marcus Rolling Stone
“TWO FULL A grades! Here be a literary songwriter of the first rank. A major songwriter. Thanks for making music that still makes reviewing albums worth it.”
- Robert Christgau, THE Dean of American Rock Critics Expert Witness Noisey (VICE) (& a personal phone call from Mr. Christgau WOW.)
"It’s his quavering, compassionate, observant, imaginative, sometimes overstuffed, always eloquent songwriting that his crack bands are there to put across, as they do, unfailingly. " - Robert Christgau, THE Dean of American Rock Critics in The Village Voice
“Staggering yet often surreal stories...articulate lyrics coupled to heavyweight tunes make this a joy. The new Randy Newman? - Tony Ives, AmericanaMusicShow.com
"Rich Krueger is a great storyteller. His songs shine a vivid, biting, surprising, sometime hilarious, and always insightful light on the misery and beauty of being alive. I've been a fan of Rich since sharing a stage with him at Jimmy's Woodlawn Tap in the late 80s in Chicago. With NOWThen, Rich adds to an already powerful body of work I've been lucky to enjoy all these years."-Greg Kotis, author of “Urinetown The Musical
“So good I wanna punch him in the nose. See him. You have no excuse. You must see him.”- Jeremy Kareken, author of the play “Lifespan of a Fact”
“Razor sharp observation...his words spill out - almost a screenplay in miniature...an incredibly talented maverick”- Paul Kerr, Blabber ‘n’ Smoke (Glasgow)
"I'm loving Rich Krueger's new CD, NowThen. He is so deserving of all the success he has been receiving! Way forward Rich!" - Melanie (Safka), singer-songwriter and legend
"Homeric" - Mary Gauthier, singer-songwriter
"Krueger reaches way down and creates his own musical paths, song after song. Paths which suck you into an altered universe in which you get lost in other peoples problems and successes for a change. So damn good. ...maybe perfect music for the moment. Rich Krueger, where have you been hiding?" - Frank Gutch, No Depression The Journal of Roots Music
Stay In The Loop!
Rich Krueger Upcoming Shows
Follow Rich on Spotify
Evergreen Park, IL
MEDIA / PUBLICITYKG Music Press